What Kind of Compensation Can I Get After a Car Crash?

After a car crash, especially a serious one, you may focus on recovering from your injuries. You may need to replace your car, and your boss may be bugging you to come back to work. There’s one other serious consideration – what kind of compensation can you get because of the car accident?

It Depends.

There’s no way to predict exactly how much money you might receive. Many factors influence the kind of compensation you can get after a car crash, including:

  • How bad are your injuries?
  • How badly damaged is your car?
  • Was any of your property damaged, in addition to the car?
  • Do you have a claim for pain and suffering?
  • Have you been able to go to work?

There are some basic kinds of compensation that you may be able to get.

Types of Compensation

Car accident claims often include demands for the following:

  • Medical Expenses. You may be entitled to have another party to the accident pay for medical treatments for conditions caused by your accident.
  • Pain and Suffering. You might receive compensation if you are in mental or physical distress due to the car accident. This kind of compensation is sometimes difficult to calculate.
  • Lost Wages. If your earnings were affected by the car accident, you might get compensation for lost wages.
  • Loss of Affection or Companionship. An injured person’s spouse or other family members may be compensated for an inability to show affection. This kind of compensation also may be difficult to calculate.

It’s important that you do not assume that you will or will not receive any kind of compensation after an automobile accident. Discuss your case with an attorney who understands personal injury law.

It’s a Difficult Question to Answer

Review the facts of the case and the law before making any assumptions about compensation.

Talk with Osvaldo Rodriguez, an experienced Illinois personal injury lawyer for an honest assessment of your case. Your case will receive the personal attention it deserves. Schedule a free consultation by calling us today at 708-716-3441 or by completing the form on our Contact Us page.

Osvaldo Rodriguez speaks Spanish and English. We represent clients throughout the state of Illinois, including Chicago, Addison, Bellwood, Bensenville, Berwyn, Chicago, Cicero, Elmwood Park, Franklin Park, Maywood, Melrose Park, Northlake and Cook, DuPage, Will, and Kane Counties.

Related Posts
Call Now ButtonWhat Can I Do to Get Workers’ Compensation BenefitsUnderstaffing at Illinois Nursing Homes Is My Loved One at Risk