FAQs About Car Accident Claims

According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, over 850 car accidents occurred every day on Illinois roadways in 2017. More than 310,000 accidents occurred over the course of the year, with 93,517 injuries and 1,090 deaths. At some point in your life, you will likely be involved in an automobile accident. It is important to understand some of the details regarding car accident claims before you have an accident. Thinking about the following questions can prepare you for making a car accident claim.

Does it matter who caused the accident?

Illinois is not a “no-fault” state when it comes to car accidents. Instead, a modified comparative liability system is used to determine liability and compensation. Typically, the driver who caused the accident may be held more responsible for damages that occurred.

What should I do at the scene of the car accident?

First, you should make sure you and the others involved are safe. You’ll need to gather information from the other driver or drivers, passengers, and witnesses.

Is there anything I should not say at the accident scene?

Yes, do not tell anyone the accident was your fault or apologize. Also, do not make any agreements with other drivers, passengers, or victims. Saying the wrong thing at an accident scene can affect your car accident claim.

Should I talk to insurance company adjusters?

You will need to report the accident to your insurance company as soon as possible. However, talking to adjusters is a little different. Try to consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer before talking to anyone from an insurance company. If you do speak with an adjuster, do not agree to a settlement until you talk to your attorney.

What kind of compensation can people get for car accident claims?

There’s no simple rule for how much people may be compensated for car accident claims. The amount of compensation you receive is based on factors like the severity of your injuries and how much your vehicles and other property were damaged.

People with Car Accident Claims Should Talk with Experienced Car Accident Lawyers.

If you or someone you know has been injured in an automobile accident, contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible. A personal injury attorney may be able to work with the insurance company to get the compensation you deserve or file a lawsuit if necessary.

Osvaldo Rodriguez has more than 20 years’ experience helping people like you. Schedule a free initial consultation or ask a question by calling us at 708-716-3441 or by completing the Contact form on our website.

Mr. Rodriguez is fluent in both Spanish and English.

At Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C., we represent clients throughout the state of Illinois, including Chicago, Addison, Bellwood, Bensenville, Berwyn, Chicago, Cicero, Elmwood Park, Franklin Park, Maywood, Melrose Park, Northlake, and all of Cook County, Lake County, Kane County, Dupage County and Will County.

Related Posts
Call Now ButtonDo I Get Workers’ Comp Automatically for a Work-Related InjuryNursing Home Employees and Social Media Is it Ever Okay to Post Pictures of Residents